Funny Business

So I’m listening to the KGO radio, and a man comes on, a comedian, who was out on the road, on tour, when Mongo became the president.

The first two nights, after the election results came in, the people who came out to his show, the comedian said, they were dead. They had earlier purchased their tickets, and so felt somehow obligated to go, but once there, they just sat there, unmoving. They didn’t laugh. They couldn’t. They sadleskkkcould barely breathe.

Like all Sane and Decent people, the comedian, he would have burned at the stake, rather than vote for Mongo. He assumed the dead people in the audience, they were the same. So, in an attempt to summon up some solidarity, there in the grief, he asked for a show of hands, from among those assembled, of those who might have cast a ballot for The Monster.

The first two nights, no one raised their hand. And the dead people, looking around, seeing that among them were no people of The Monster, this seemed to make them all feel a little better.

But then, the third night, when the comedian again asked for a show of hands, three creatures elevated their non-human appendages, admitting, publicly, that they were of The Monster.

And the Sane and Decent people, at first, they were stunned in silence. Then, they began addressing the confessed MongoRoids. Loudly. Demanding to know, why they were not human. Next, recalled the comedian, came the throwing of things. Till finally, a fight broke out.

The comedian, he said he no longer asks for such a show of hands, there at his shows. Not because of the fighting. But because he just doesn’t want to know. If he is in the presence. Of monsters. Who brought in the Mongo.

7 Responses to “Funny Business”

1. 1 sally January 5, 2017 at 11:01 am

I am trying hard to understand why– how did they get taken in? And I feel as if someone punched me in the stomach Still, I look at the NOTHINGNESS that comes again and again from DC – and I feel a tinge of understanding -can you forgive me for feeling driven to forgive?

2. 3 sally January 5, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Every single one? Aggghhhh. Can’t some of them just be utterly stupid — I spoke to one who didn’t seem to hear any racist remarks -REALLY– not hear them. He was just tired of not being able to find a job — and thought Trump could be the answer. Yes, I do often curl up in corners in the fetal position –which at my age isn’t easy…. xoxox.

• 4 bluenred January 5, 2017 at 5:56 pm

No. No exceptions. It was not possible to listen to the sewage that ceaselessly flowed from that creature’s mouth, and then cast a vote for him, without knowing that you were pulling the lever for a retrovert racist xenophobe. And only a retrovert racist xenophobe, would vote for a retrovert racist xenophobe.

• 5 bluenred January 6, 2017 at 4:27 am

I have not knowingly conversed with a MongoRoid since the election. When in public places I intersect with persons who seem as if they may be MongoRoids, my skin crawls; I react to them as the ancients did to lepers. In the histories, Mongo’s name shall give off a foul and putrid stench, and for a thousand years. All those who voted for him must live with the stench of their rot, and for the rest of their lives. Their names shall be inscribed in a Book of Offal. And even unto the eleventh generation, their descendants, they shall be met with the sign of the cross, when they are encountered, in the fields, and on the streets.

3. 6 sally January 6, 2017 at 9:05 am

oh, damn, you are a wonder! Your writing never ceases to amaze me.Where are your novels! You are incredible at blogging and I appreciate that, but there must be many books in your psyche trying to get loose– trying to break free. AND as I recall you were the fastest typist I ever knew…. NAMASTE!

• 7 bluenred January 7, 2017 at 9:34 am

A couple decades back, on my birthday, Charles Schultz, the Peanuts man, published a four-panel strip. In each of the panels, the image was identical: Snoopy, eyes closed, recumbent atop his doghouse. The fourth panel included a thought balloon: “born to sleep.”