I Think America Wants Sweet Love

6 Responses to “I Think America Wants Sweet Love”

1. 1 sally December 29, 2016 at 10:26 am

Ho- I’ve been looking for love all my life! Damn. Not an easy search! Meanwhile, I’m way behind on all your wonder blogs. Too much fun time with Dave & Co & reading crazy bedtime tales to my 5 year old McAllister and remembering DWC was his age in your macaroni days with him. And, WAHOO– amazingly I read your “macaroni “response with DWC standing beside me as I did so. He laughed and I laughed and I also cried. Thank you SO much for those crazy days! And gonna catch up on your blog goodies in the next few days — get ready! xoxox

• 2 bluenred December 29, 2016 at 10:36 am

Yeah, well, her husband ran off with Elizabeth Taylor, who then left him for Richard Burton, who then dived into about 19 trillion booze bottles, sailing straight into the boneyard. Taylor meanwhile mowed through about 18 more husbands. So, you know, it’s pretty much tough all over. ; /

I really do have a Godly mac and cheese recipe. It has stuff like a little mustard powder and a couple drops of cayenne sauce in it, so you can pretend it’s real food, produced by real cooking. I’ll dig it out and put it up here.

• 3 sally December 29, 2016 at 11:07 am

will wait eagerly for mac and cheese recipe…. xoxox

• 4 bluenred December 29, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Here it is:

12 ounces evaporated milk
          2 large eggs
          .25 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
          .25 teaspoon black pepper
          .25 teaspoon salt
          1 teaspoon dry mustard dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
          .5 pound elbow macaroni
          4 tablespoons unsalted butter
          12 ounces tillamook extra sharp cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, mix eggs. Add 1 cup of the evaporated milk, pepper sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard mix.
          Cook the macaroni in a pot on the stove. Drain. Return macaroni to pot, on reduced heat.
          Add the butter, stirring till it melts all over the macaroni. Then pour egg mix over macaroni. Add 3/4 of the cheese. Stir around till mixed all goodly. Then add remainder of milk and cheese. More stirring. Till all mixed together. Remove from burner.
          Eat a bunch. Feel bloated. Lay down, groaning.

2. 5 Elva January 2, 2017 at 12:07 pm

I will try this when I have a few people over. it sounds better then my recipe.

• 6 bluenred January 2, 2017 at 8:27 pm

I forgot to mention that you have to shred or grate the cheese. I figured people would know that. You can’t just heave a huge chunk of cheese in there. It won’t work.