The Melancholy Of Anatomy: Vini

Whoever lives two or three generations, feels like the spectator who, during the fair, sees the performances of all kinds of jugglers and, if he remains seated in the booth, sees them repeated two or three times. As the tricks were meant only for one performance, they no longer make any impression after the illusion and novelty have vanished.

—Arthur Schopenhauer

This is where I came in.

A Democratic president, trying, domestically, to do his best, but he could not. Even as, and out of his control, the nation’s domestic golem ipolice run amok; and, likewise beyond his control, the nation’s foreign police, running amok, thrust their greasy, slimy hands, into all and every orifice, domestically.

As, overseas, the Democratic president, mad as Lear, seeks to bomb, even as he restrains; seeks to restrain, even as he bombs. Clueless. With, nowhere, alive, to lay upon him a true and healing hand; nowhere, alive, any Cordelia.

Where I came in, into political consciousness, in this country, on this planet, was when the Democratic president was Lyndon Johnson.

Today, it is this Barack Obama person.

Today, this Barack Obama person, projectile-vomiting, running out of his ass, bleeding out of his very eyes, some sort of unutterable burstbrained ebola about some outfit nobody can even attach a consistent name to: ISIL, ISIS, IS.

No matter. The dudes—even if we don’t know their name—they are fucking Evil Incarnate! Shooting up ships in the Gulf Of Tonkin and blowing up the Maine and bayoneting babes in Belgium and masturbating like monkeys all over pictures of The Queen! They’re freakin’ worse than even Emmanuel Goldstein! Hitler! Stalinmaosaddamosama! Beelzebub! The very Luceiferian lightbringer hisself!

And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

—Job 2:2

They’re walking up and down in it—all the fucking world!—these Hitlers, these Commies, these Cong, these Lucifers, these Islamists, these terrorists, these beheaders, and so the US of A—USA! USA! USA!—must now, so it is soberly intoned, war, war, and war again, war world without end, amen.

Fuck you. Fuck that. It’s all the same as it ever was.

Only real difference is, this time, they fashioned, to shuck the jive, a dusky sort of golem, to paint it black.

Last time, when it became clear no one with a functioning brainpan could any longer live with, much less stomach, Lyndon Johnson, they rolled out the jabbering dipshit Hubert Humphrey.

This time—ye gods!—they are salting the earth with Clinton II. Who makes Humphrey loom like Stonehenge, compared to Clinton II’s Cardiff Giant.

It’s just foolish, people.

As Neil Young once said:

you’re all just pissing
in the wind
you don’t know it
but you are

and there aint’ nothin’ like a friend
who can tell you
you’re just pissin’ in the wind

Trying to change move redirect elevate any of this nonsense, from inside the nonsense, is futile.

Vote petition assembly speech press blog jabber buttonhole scream at a building twitfacelinkinstashit—all but wasteful wanking. All, in that you’ll do, is fucking age.

My friend Zack used to say: “My advice to you is to take your books, and get to the shelter.”

Absolutely goddam right.

George Orwell put it this way: “The whole thing is so utterly insane that it just sickens me. Eileen and I have decided that if war does come the best thing will be to just stay alive and thus add to the number of sane people.”

Beunaventura Durriti said, truly: “We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts. That world is growing in this minute.”

Let it grow. Meanwhile: get out of the way. Of the blast and the ruin. Step out of line. Reject. Fade away. Evade every tendril of the madness. And, in a world—a universe—of your own: let it grow.

17 Responses to “The Melancholy Of Anatomy: Vini”

1. 1 Miep September 16, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Indeed. How does one fight something that is its own worst enemy?

• 2 bluenred September 16, 2014 at 11:33 pm

The worst enemy of any person is that person him/herself. People should therefore confine their fighting to fighting themselves. I mean, even Jesus H. Christ recognized he was a fuck-up who couldn’t get it together.

2. 3 bluenred October 2, 2014 at 1:31 am

And now the Hitlers have come to Oklahoma. For a head has been be’d there.

So, clearly, this means there must be airstrikes on Oklahoma.

For, we have been told, that dropping bombs, will somehow stop the lopping off of heads.

And if it’s good enough for Syria and Iraq, it’s good enough for Oklahoma.

If Oklahomans are lopping off heads, as now they are, they need to be bombed.

Let the death-rain now begin.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

• 4 Miep October 2, 2014 at 1:55 am

Your comment arrives in my inbox as my Pandora account is playing Van Morrison.

How are you doing? I hope you haven’t wound up alone. It’s maddening.

I’ve taken to consorting with witches online and asking for advice about how I draw water. It seemed a little nuts at first but the more I talk about it the better I see it. No, I don’t think I control the weather or anything patriarchal like that. I just have this deep ongoing conversation with water and the weather, and when you do that long enough, it becomes a kind of habit of paying attention and appreciation and thanking and politely asking, at times. A sort of ongoing conversation.

I am currently working on learning to hear what the weather and water is asking from me.

Perhaps I’m losing my mind. That might be all right.

• 5 bluenred October 2, 2014 at 2:10 am

Of course I’m alone. Otherwise I wouldn’t be on this perfectly useless internet. The veritable towering obelisk of barren bullshit wanking.

It’s alright to lose your mind. So long as you can find your way back.

Scatter bread-crumbs. Like Hansel and Gretel. Along your trail. My advice.

And know that, without losing one’s mind, one can draw water. And nudge along the weather. Though, if one publicly speaks about such things, others may read it as rampant mind-losing.

• 6 Miep October 2, 2014 at 2:24 am

That’s why I hang out with witches. They don’t give me shit about this stuff.

I am sorry you are alone. I kind of thought so.

I saw Hurricane Isolde coming in. She was predicted to rain a lot generally in the SW but not Cali much. Her remnants settled in on top of me and rained this whole region entirely out of drought with me in the center.

I then thanked her for all her help (I do this as Facebook status updates) and asked her to please move north now, as we’re good here.

She did.

Once I got to talking to my witch friend, I started realizing how much important stuff in my life is heavily keyed around weather and water. I guess one could argue that this is just a sane way to look at the world. But there are too many strange coincidences. And I engender many of them. “Miep” means “a drop.” The name I picked for deviant art was “leftover rain.”

Water doesn’t like being in pipes around me. I can sense it.

It has a way of getting out and when it does I feel like it’s seeking me. I don’t like being around live pipes at this point. Not in my house. It’s too distracting.

3. 7 Miep October 2, 2014 at 1:57 am

It was the champaigne eyes song.

• 8 bluenred October 2, 2014 at 2:16 am

Of course. That song is nearly his best. And the for sure best recorded version of it is not even by him. Instead it’s by these Waterboys (water? see? there are no coincidences everything is connected) people. Even he agrees.

• 9 Miep October 2, 2014 at 2:26 am

Oh that’s right! Thanks for reminding me. Going to listen to that now.

• 10 Miep October 2, 2014 at 2:45 am

I think I did something good these last few months, Blueness. I think I helped encourage two really good humans, both of whom were so hammered as to be borderline suicidal, but strong people – to get together.

And they fell in love. And now they are taking care of each other.

In gardens all wet with rain.

They both insist I had a lot to do with this. There are problems, of course. They are both having to deal with giving up the despair addiction. As with any addiction, it’s a mixed bag to kick because of the emotional eruption.

But I love them both, and they both had this history of shitty relationships.

I hardly know what to make of it, except that it makes me part of it, so I don’t get to do despair anymore either. Whether I want to or not.

• 11 bluenred October 2, 2014 at 6:27 am

Good for you, that you don’t get to do despair anymore. For people like you and me, despair is the easy default. It’s wrong and completely thanatos, but that’s where we feel like we can settle. So not only is it good that you yoked these lovers, but good is it too that in doing that, yoking them, you can’t thanatos wallow, either. ; )

4. 12 Miep October 2, 2014 at 2:57 am

It was like, I kept seeing how they would fit. Her farming/ranching and desperately in need of help, and both of them so smart and sensitive and loving nonhumans and hating civilization. I kept saying “You should do this, I have a good feeling about this.”

He was living in the city, in a sham marriage, waiting to die from a heart attack.

She was worn out from trying to get somebody up there to help her who didn’t fuck her over or turn parasite, and the search for the elusive partner.

And they’re like, I did this? No, they did it. All I did was be a good friend and only give advice like “I think you really want to do this and it looks good, so go do it!”

Thanks for listening. I hope it works out for them. As Brautigan said, “People need a little loving, and it’s so sad the shit they have to go through to get it.”

m

5. 15 Miep October 2, 2014 at 6:52 am

I never got snuggling though. All I got was liies.

• 16 bluenred October 2, 2014 at 7:32 am

Well that’s just wrong.

In this place, this planet, this incarnation, all and every deserves at least a little snuggling.

Even all the animals get it.

If you can call water and weather, miep, you can certainly call a snuggle. So, do it.