Preview Of Coming Attractions

That all the guns are going to go—that is just a small part of it.

Also going: the money, the cities, a/kthe “jobs.”

Etc.

Quaint amusing relicts. Of the larval stage. Of human beings.

These days, the larvae eagerly yammer, increasingly, of going into space, there to, with their scuttling unthinking humanoid claws, mine, rip, plunder.

Conquer.

They’re going into space, all right. Humans. But not as larvae. Instead, as butterflies. And, therefore, not in bodies at all.

And there, they will disturb nothing at all.

It’s all, going to be all right.

It doesn’t matter to me, whether you see any of this. Or not. Because I’ve been to the mountaintop. And I’ve looked over.

26 Responses to “Preview Of Coming Attractions”

1. 1 nancy February 18, 2013 at 10:35 am

It will be Better..

Have you seen “The Life of Pi” ???

Richard Parker is the First, and the Last, face of god..

Everything else is. well. superfluous…

• 2 bluenred February 18, 2013 at 10:40 am

I have not seen the film you mention.

I find it difficult to believe that someone named “Richard Parker” is “the face of god.”

It’s like deciding that someone named “Joe Blow” is the Messiah.

Though, what do I know? Basically: nothing. ; )

• 3 nancy February 18, 2013 at 10:44 am

Richard Parker is, of course, that tiger..

How he acquires that name is another story : )

you will have to see for yourself — you should. i think you would like the film

• 4 bluenred February 18, 2013 at 10:53 am

That means that, unless I Wait, I have to go into a Theater.

Yikes. ; (

• 5 nancy February 18, 2013 at 10:58 am

Well, you could lie on a hotel bed and hope it is on Pay per View (what i did) or if you need 3-D ( which i really feel i do now), then Yes….

Theaters…..

Yikes Squared : )

• 6 Alexa February 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm

it may be on Amazon Instant Video, mi abejo. lots of movies and TV series there are free downloads. i watched “Flight” again last night via AIV ‘cuz well, Denzel is Denzel. 😉 you might enjoy the novel “Life of Pi” also. i read it a few years ago. a bit too meta for me. i think you’d like it.

2. 8 mieprowan February 18, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Drive-ins are fun. We have one here. It has a two dollar night, and you can go on your bicycle and bring a folding chair and a radio and food and beverages of whatever sort you choose, and have at it.

I tend to stay in and watch Netflix, but these people here do offer a great public service.

I must have listened to Fisherman’s Blues four hundred times after I first got it.

3. 12 mieprowan February 18, 2013 at 10:10 pm

In which I remember that I have a semi-abandoned wordpress account, compleat with paid for cheap domain name, called therearesomanythingswrongwiththis.

4. 15 mieprowan February 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Oh good, is still there. http://therearesomanythingswrongwiththis.com/ well maybe time to go back there and tidy up the place.

5. 17 Elva February 19, 2013 at 11:59 am

You should have been with me on my patio this morning. Hundreds of Robins taking sips from the bird bath. What a beautiful sight to see. Thought if Steven who loved birds and knew the names of many. Think of you often and wish were lived closer. Put my CD on after I read and listened to this song. I have this CD.

• 18 mieprowan February 20, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Elva, I live in SE NM, and occasionally we get swarms of robins through here, although not of late, these past few years.

I was confused upon first sighting. What were these birds, with the marks around their eyes? Towhees?

Robins. It took me forever to work that out.

And I don’t see them anymore, these swarms of robins. But it’s been dry, dry, very dry. Five inches of rain in the rainbuckets by the roof last night. A little is better than nothing, and listening to the Waterboys, you can never go wrong.

• 19 bluenred February 20, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Wow—hundreds of robins. They’ve come by here in ones and twos, but nothing like hundreds. You’re lucky. ; )

6. 20 mieprowan February 20, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Also, too..that was the river…and this is the sea..;-)

love always, bluenred. Until death and onward, and even though I have friends who disagree with you..and those who do not..

So be it written. So be it said.

You too Alexa, you lovely wild thing.

I praise my unwitting experience that it allowed me to make your acquaintances, not to mention those of other Wild Sweet Things.

Our Broken Wings Will Heal.

Let it be spoken. Let it be said.

There is no need to wait to be free.

The door is only waiting for you to remember to see it, again.

You’re not waiting for anything other than your own self.

• 21 Alexa February 21, 2013 at 12:50 am

where are you off to, Miep? this isn’t a goodbye, right? 😉

• 22 mieprowan February 21, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Nope I was just being dramatic. I bailed from Facebook for a variety of useful reasons, and really a solid one is that they have the worst platform evah. I’m going to try to retrench into Google Plus but I have to get a faster isp because it’s too hard to upgrade the ipad. This is doable. Meanwhile, I’m still searching for more honest blogs. I want something with leftists and philosophers and gardeners and farmers and artists and homebuilders and flatout crazy people and no Sacred Subjects.

• 23 alexadiaz27 February 24, 2013 at 9:54 pm

i agree completamente on Facebook. Twitter and InstaGram are no better or different. it’s a very sad comment on our society that so many use the internet like a drug, refreshing every 30 seconds for another hit of meaningless information, “like, rain sucks!!!!” . . . “Kim likes this!”

i use em only for quick surveillance purposes, but what exactly is Google Plus?

Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone.

• 24 mieprowan February 24, 2013 at 10:05 pm

It’s Google’s answer to Facebook, except the idea is that ultimately it gets integrated into everything else Google does, or that you do with Google. plus.google.com. It’s not anywhere near as popular as Facebook. My brother works in user interface design and thinks it’s a lot better.

Yes, it is all way too much like a drug.

7. 25 Elva February 21, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Well you know me, I seem to say that there is more than there really was.Maybe it was a few Robins. No matter how many there were, they were a joy to see. Wish you were here to enjoy the birds and beautiful day.