Presidential Timber

What was worse, the Cat could be pretty offensive. Like the time he popped bouncily out of a pregnant womb during an obstetrics lecture at John Hopkins, or his feeding of the rats in the city ghettos, or the time he dropped six planeloads of unsweetened chocolate pies on Disneyland. Taking a crap onstage in a sandbox while addressing the Daughters of the American Revolution in Boston didn’t go over very big either. His nakedness was a minor problem from the outset, of course, but cats are cats—or so we argued until that Sunday morning in October when he carried a stiff red peenie through all the churches in Indianapolis, crying:

“Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how!”

—Robert Coover, A Political Fable

9 Responses to “Presidential Timber”

1. 1 possum June 15, 2012 at 4:24 pm

The Cat was the epitome of an American politician. Reckon the young’un cat is teady for thr Big Time?

2. 5 sally June 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Oh, you two are having far too much fun– as usual! I am reading all the madness from bluenred, and most excited to see the new adventures (and old) of the young’un. I’ve missed him– and youse guys as well. I’ll catch up with comments next week — or maybe not. Meanwhile, the Robot SCARES me. Why do people think he’s real? You keep writing. I’ll keep reading. namaste

3. 6 mieprowan June 24, 2012 at 3:49 am

Hi. Can’t answer you on that other blog, so have a once-removed virtual rec.

Good Morning!

Miep

• 7 bluenred June 24, 2012 at 3:59 am

Hey Miep. Was just wonderin’, the other day, with Pluto, how ye be.

• 8 mieprowan June 24, 2012 at 4:18 am

Still alive and well, thanks for asking.

I appreciated the Marianne Faithful link. Also your jukebox looks cool here, even if some of it got censored.

I got you followed here now so I’ll be reading you. I have a wordpress blog but I haven’t done much with it yet. Hard to know what to do that hasn’t been done. Sometimes gotta just roll with it when it comes.

My very best regards to you, and of course to Pluto, always.

Miep

4. 9 Julia Rain (the deviant daughter) November 13, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I remember reading this book! I am firmly in favor of replacing most politicians with cats.