Making The Picture Clearer

Posted just because I think this is one of the most creative melanges of music, words, and imagery that I’ve stumbled across over on YouTube in quite some time. And Clem Kadiddlehopper II lets it through, too. For now, anyway. : /

9 Responses to “Making The Picture Clearer”

1. 1 possum April 5, 2011 at 8:32 am

Nothing beats men (or women) at work. And the scene is all the better when a crew is doing something at which they are very good while being challenged by the situation.

This is one of my favorite videos among your sharings. Thanks.

2. 3 possum April 6, 2011 at 9:20 am

But why not? We move almost everything in our lives. Why not preserve a house you may love?

• 4 bluenred April 6, 2011 at 9:35 am

Well, people are not turtles or snails or crabs, who are built into their shells. ; ) And does anybody ever ask the house? I find it hard to believe that today’s American house would ever really recover from such a move. It’s a big thing, that kind of house, and uprooting it and moving it seems like it would be sort of like uprooting a big tree, and trees don’t always do too well when moved from place to place.

On the other hand, I do not abhor the practice, and would have no objection whatsoever, possum, if you decided to uproot your house from Possum Valley, put it on the boat with the clowns and the mules, and sail it on down to Cuba. ; )

3. 5 possum April 6, 2011 at 9:58 am

Much as I might like to uproot my house, it is the typical American structure not likely to survive. Houses must be pretty old to have been well enough to sail across the ocean. On the other hand I have friends with boats. How would that work? Maybe one of them can be persuaded to carry the lot of us away.

4. 7 possum April 6, 2011 at 10:58 am

The best of the sailors is just now sailing a 44-foot yacht from Florida up the inland waterway. He is retired and may be looking for an adventure. Need another clown? One more mule driver?

5. 9 possum April 7, 2011 at 4:07 am

He sold his own boat. Now captains for others but he has lots of friends with large boats. May not be too much trouble.