What It Is

Just so we’re clear about where we are, the photo below depicts on the right the new House Majority Leader, John Boehner, and on the left Rich Iott, a teabagging freak who sought, unsuccessfully, a seat in the House from Ohio’s Ninth Congressional District.

Iott is the fellow who likes to dress up as a Nazi and “re-enact” Nazi victories in WWII.

Boehner gave him $5000, and went to Ohio to campaign for him.

The Nazi unit whose regalia Iott dons was one that had among its members Josef Mengele, who later went on to fame and fortune as a noted torturer of Jews. The unit itself methodically killed Hungarian Jews in March and April of 1945, before surrendering to American forces in Austria.

Iott loves him these Nazis:

“I’ve always been fascinated by the fact that here was a relatively small country that from a strictly military point of view accomplished incredible things. I mean, they took over most of Europe and Russia, and it really took the combined effort of the free world to defeat them. From a purely historical military point of view, that’s incredible.”

Beyond the “furthur” you can find a picture of Iott smiling in his Nazi get-up, wherein he assumes the name “Reinhard Pferdmann.” As well as an immortal comment posted to the Great Pumpkin from one mellowinman, describing his reaction to the news that GOoPers have now so debased themselves that they hug to their breasts office-seekers who get their thrill from impersonating the people who perpetrated the Holocaust.

That’s who’s in charge of the House of Representatives now, folks.

Thus spake mellowinman:

Years ago I stopped taking acid.

I don’t drink, smoke dope, or do anything; ANYTHING to alter my consciousness.

Now it’s 2010, (or so “they” tell me,) and we have an election where there’s a TEA party; named for “Taxed Enough Already” by people paying some of the lowest taxes of any civilized nation in modern history; people who hate homosexuals and homosexuality, and homosexual acts, and most kinds of sexual acts, but came out of the gate calling themselves “teabaggers,” with little fucking tea bags hanging from their hats, and talking about “tea bagging” Democrats. The sentence got too long, so I had to stop there, but anyway, these people were talking about PUTTING THEIR BALLS ON THE FACES OF DEMOCRATS, but NOT REALIZING THAT’S WHAT THEY WERE SAYING, to the great AMUSEMENT of ANYONE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR. Yes, the CAPS were NECESSARY for all of that.

OK?

So, everything I said in the above paragraph, and then they field candidates who want to repeal Civil Rights; make laws forcing Mexicans to show their papers; encourage kids not only to practice abstinence from SEX, but from fucking MASTURBATION; and these candidates can’t DEBATE, or hold press conferences, for the most part.

But WAIT!

These candidates have thoroughly bizarre pasts; they make out with witches on alters, and take part in Nazi re-enactments, that for some reason, don’t involve SHOOTING JEWS IN THE CENTER OF THEIR BRAIN STEMS WITH FUCKING LUGERS, but are otherwise historically accurate.

Now, I’ve always known I was a depraved, overly free-spirited liberal with no sense or morals, and I always knew there was a chance that my lifestyle would someday come back to haunt me.

But after more than two drug free decades, including one where I didn’t even smoke a fucking CIGARETTE, I have to witness THIS SHIT?

Nothing is holy.

Nothing is real.

Perhaps the Rapture happened, and this is the sick, fucked-up aftermath; I don’t know.

But back when I was walking down the stairs of that apartment building, ripped on ‘shrooms, with a group of people who were carrying bongs, bowling balls, a baseball bat, and one guy was doing karate kicks, trying to be quiet because the cops were on their way; back then, when I turned to my friend Dave, and said, “it still isn’t weird enough for me,” I had no idea; NO IDEA that someday it would be.

10 Responses to “What It Is”

1. 1 possum November 8, 2010 at 12:45 pm

What is it about too many of those who appear to be our most insane citizens that drives them to seek political office? Is it more along the continuing search for power? Are they so deluded as to believe they should be elected officials?

And to think for even one millisecond that the Orange Man is now head of the House and befriends such as this is beyond description. The state of our union today is dark indeed.

• 2 bluenred November 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Your comment made me laugh. : /

I don’t know why the insane are driven to seek public office. Just as I don’t know why the presumably sane vote for them.

I believe I will have to permanently refer to Boehner (pronounced “Boner”) as Orange Man now.

• 3 possum November 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Orange Man came from one of my coworkers. We cannot for the life of us understand why any human would choose those skin tones.

• 4 bluenred November 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm

There is a burgeoning field of froot-loopism that would seize upon the word “human” in your comment and reply that the problem is that Orange Man is not, in fact, human, but instead part of the alien Lizard People who Run Our World. I stumbled upon these folks one night on YouTube; there are videos there, some with tens of thousands of hits, that purport to show the lizardness coming out in various well-known American politicos. Buhdy’s site has a madman named Lasthorseman who expounds upon this Reality occasionally.

• 5 possum November 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Ahhh, yes. Some in Possum Valley subscribe to the same lizard notion. Too much for my feeble mind to comprehend.

But to take issue with “human” as a Boehner designator is fine with me. He has some physical characteristics of homo sapiens, but his actions are so counter-productive to the species as to warrant his exclusion.

• 6 bluenred November 10, 2010 at 8:21 am

I think you may have that backwards—those who sign on to the lizard notion, I would think, are those with feeble minds. : /

For, alas, we have to admit that Orange Man is one of our own. It’s easier to try to pretend he’s some other species, or in some other way truly different from us—an Other—because then we don’t have to bear any responsibility for him. But he’s not. So we do.

2. 7 possum November 11, 2010 at 4:33 am

As to both lizards you are likely right. Some people look for simple explanations or follow easy belief systems to avoid the complexities of life. Tis easier to believe in lizard people than to face the reality of humankind.

And for the Orange Man you are right. He is one of us for whom we must bear some responsibility. In Possum Valley we feel responsible for our fellow human beings. To that end we must stand steadfast in opposition to the Orange Man and all his ilk. We cannot stand aside and let them win in the end. For that opposition we are truly responsible.

3. 8 Julia Rain (the deviant daughter) November 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Poor David is sitting next to me trying to read a book, and the cat on my lap is becoming annoyed, because I’m laughing and laughing at that comment.

I remember the Nazi guy, but I didn’t know Boehner was such a strong supporter. Frightening.

• 9 bluenred November 23, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Orangeman is shameless: he will support anybody. They’re all like that. Remember that Underpants supported that nimrod in Indiana who ejaculated that God sometimes creates babies via rape.

David and the cat should understand that laughter is the best medicine. ; )

• 10 Julia Rain (the deviant daughter) November 24, 2012 at 1:34 am

Yeah, Romney did support that idiot. And here in PA we had the “rape is the same as out-of-wedlock pregnancy” numbskull running for Senate. Thankfully he lost. I just hadn’t remembered hearing Boehner was a supporter of the nazi wannabe. But he is pretty shameless.

They understand. I read it to David and he laughed too and the cat really is quite lethargic from the vet visit today. But they did both give me funny looks. :)